Friday 12 January 2018

Stick Man

This week, we have been doing work about Stick Man. We read the story and acted it out, before trying to write some of it by ourselves. We had to remember capital letters, fingers spaces, does it make sense and full stops. We tried to use some wow words too.


We also drew self portraits.
We look in the mirror and draw our own faces. Tom
It was a bit hard but I kept looking in the mirror. Grace
It really made me think because you have to look in the mirror carefully. Sam
I found it a bit tricky to draw my nose. The first time, I drew it the wrong shape, but I looked in the mirror and improved my drawing. Poppy


Next week we are starting our Colours of the World topic by looking at purple. We can bring things in for a display.


Work shadowing is happening week beginning 22nd January - grown ups can sign up at the classroom.


The Star Award this week is Georgia- she always works well in a pair or as part of a team. She listens well and takes turns. Well done Georgia.


Our Learning Owl this week is Evie. Well done, Evie, you have tried really hard with all of your learning this week, especially your amazing self portrait. Well done, Have a great weekend with Snowy.

6 comments:

  1. I cant wait till my mummy will come to shadow me. BEATRICE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Georgia: I enjoyed writing the story about Stick Man and also I enjoyed acting out the story of Stick Man.
    Georgia's Mummy: We've looked out lots of things for Purple week and will bring them in tomorrow. It will be great to see a big purple display!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved writing my Stick Man story because we wrote on paper and I liked giving Tomas Be instruchings in our playgrawnd compyooter lesen. Well done Evie and Gorjer From Sam
    It sounds like another busy week for Beech Class! It looks like you tried really hard with the portraits: I bet they are amazing! Congratulations Evie and Georgia. Sam's mummy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked stick man because we ritid stick man storys. I liked self portraits. I fownd it hard. William Mackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed learning about stick man and reading the book because santa fell into the chimney and gave people presents. William M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grace: I am REALY excited about purple week!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Walking to School and May Dancing

We've really enjoyed walking to school this week. We went past the finish line on our chart because so many of us walked. It was good fu...